Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Easter Memories

I remember an Easter not so long ago (it was yesterday, indeed), when poor as we were, I received the richest of memories on the day we celebrate our Savior’s resurrection.

There was a pretty, soft dress, an occasional Easter bonnet, frilly socks inside shiny white patent leather shoes buckled on the side, and a basket filled with a hollow chocolate bunny, jelly beans, and colored eggs atop green Easter grass.

I believed in the Easter Bunny, and now, at age 66, I can assure you – that temporary magical belief did not taint my love for or relationship with God. I was a child with a wonderful imagination and a desire to invite good thoughts, people, and charitable bunnies into existence.



4 comments:

  1. Wonderful memories of a great holiday!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good memories for sure. Which one is you, my guess is on the right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have great Easter memories too. We always went to Church, got a new dress, shoes, hat, gloves and purse... and celebrated our Savior's resurrection. Easter lunch and egg hunt came after Church, oh the memories. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete