Wednesday, April 27, 2022

BUT NOW

Life has been keeping me very busy.  Yesterday I celebrated 67 years of life.  Seriously, that number is hard for me to say.  I am a 45-year-old trapped in the body of an old lady.  Ugh.  I picked forty-five for my ideal age because that was probably the year I felt most young, fearless, ambitious, and fit.  

But now.


Anyway.  It was a great day with family and gifts of love.  We began the day as Gracie napped out on the sofa and we snuck out of the house for an hour or so to visit my favorite Amish-style grocery store in Springs, Pa.  Power had just gone out in the store from an accident up the road, but as long as we had cash to pay for our items - it was still a go.  There, I bought myself random items which included a birthday cake (like my decorations? haha) and a couple of books.  It was a weird feeling, shopping in the dark. 


A VISITOR ON MY BIRTHDAY



My son, his boys, and his girlfriend gave me a ring light for my TikTok.  Now Gracie and I can do it right ;-)
THIS IS NOT A VIDEO.  JUST A SNAPSHOT.







Daughter Lindsey and the girls (Rissi and Summer) gave me a unique shirt (TIKTOK MADE ME DO IT) and this beautiful candle arrangement.  

                                    

I was delighted forced to eat cake yesterday.  Today I begin watching my diet again.  

Dear Diary,  This light mom got for her birthday cannot be a good thing.  I need to practice my 'pretend to be sleeping' skills.  *yawn*  Excuse me now while I take a nap.  No.  For real.  Gracie.





6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday. Ahh to be 67 again. Glad you had such a lovely day. You sure wore Gracie out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I did not know you do Tic Tok. If it is any consolation, you do not look anywhere NEAR your age! You have lovely smooth skin, beautiful hair, and a gorgeous smile. And that is just the OUTSIDE. Your inside has way too many great things to even list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday Bobbi! You look great! Loved the picture of you and Gracie!! All cool gifts you got too!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday a little late. My 68th is sneaking up on me and I feel much younger than that too. It looks like you had a great day! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! At my age, 67 is really young. I'm so glad to see Gracie is still snoozing away, she's amazing. Since I haven't learned this sin in with Google stull, I will sign off with: Your friend Inger

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meant to say -- sign in --.Inger

    ReplyDelete