Monday, December 27, 2021

Christmas at Our House ~ Episode 1 ~ HOLDING OUT FOR HOPE

 I said early on.  "I'm not decorating this year.  Not in the mood.  Too much negativity in the world.  There's no room for hope."  Gracie concurred.

"Decorate," said the little voice inside my head.  

"Whatever," I replied.

And so little by little I drug out the figurines, the lights, and the Christmas notables.  I reminded Gracie, "Don't get caught up in the glitz.  Jesus is the reason for the season."  

I thought I heard her say, "Oh no... here we go again."

One of my favorites is this beautiful crystal tree, a gift from one of my favorite clients in my once thriving and opened hearing aid business, All About Hearing.  It sits on a platform that changes colors and it is beautiful to behold!  



To Be Continued...





4 comments:

  1. Sweet Gracie. Does she have any favorites? The little tree is gorgeous, I have never seen anything like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty tree!! I do like the decorations you shared here. I didn't bother with any this year (or for the past few years :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Gracie how I love you. Seeing you sleeping with your blankie covering you, I just wished I could be there to give you a hug. You will always remind me of Samson, back in all of our younger days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, I say the same every year but decorate anyway. I do enjoy the lights and YES, Jesus is the reason for the season. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete