Sorry.
I said I was coming back to blogging and then I dropped the ball. Bubbles loves when I throw the ball, but dropping it is lame. Anyway - here I am.
This past week was hot, less hot, then super hot again. Since Thursday was the best day for relief from the heat, hubby and I decided to check out the Greater Cumberland Fair, just like old times. Side Note: Now that I am older, I cannot hack the heat! Fair life is anything but fair. It is downright hot in the valley where the fair is set up. So, rarely do we go there.
Besides, life is different now. I used to groan inside my soul about my own kids being grown, but now it is my grandkids who are grown. No little ones and that's tough. Bubbles has to fill that void. Sixteen years ago I was on top of the world. Remember the blog post I did about the fair? If not, you can find it RIGHT HERE. Ahhh, the good ol' days.
I'm 71 now. Hubby, 72.
Our lives no longer follow fun vacations and grandchildren euphoria. Especially since the much older grandkids are not keen on sharing their lives on social media.
We now have a dog who keeps us with purpose and is cute, loves to play ball at the tennis courts, and loves to swim. We (hubby and I) are with aches, pains, and limitations. We go to church, watch tv, and eat good food. So yea, there's that.
*sigh*
Anyway. Back to the fair. Temps were favorable for a quick once over at the fairgrounds to reminisce about better days. I kissed my dog goodbye, asked her to watch the house while we were gone, and I spread tiny treats over the table where she waits for our return home, and off we went.
| Here Bubbles sits and she will watch out the window till we are home. |
It took us about ten to fifteen minutes to get there, and I found a really great handicap accessible parking spot right by the entrance, limped into the grounds excitedly, only to find out the fair does not come to life until 5 PM. It was 2:30 PM.
We stopped at Livvy's on the way home from our brief, five-minute fair experience and got a gigantic soft serve ice cream in a chocolate dipped cone. This would not help my health, nor my weight. But hey, something had to save the day - right?

No comments:
Post a Comment