Saturday, February 24, 2024

She's Always Here...

 It's hard to let Gracie's blog just sit here.  I come back sometimes and read old entries.  I miss her so much.  I've met so many great friends here, through this blog.  Pets have died.  Friends have passed on.  I find it sad to visit this blog sometimes, thinking about what a great time we all had here, sharing our furry friends, friendships, thoughts, feelings, and love.  And now, so many are gone.  

Yes, I come back here and revisit this past chapter of my life, and I mostly smile.  Because it was a great time.  And I am thankful.

If Gracie were here, she would say - 

Dear Diary,

The nag Mom is gushing about thoughts, feelings, and memories today.  I wish she'd just get off that soapbox and focus more on what she'll be giving me for supper.  She needs to be more in tune to my needs.  After all, I own her, right?  

Gracie.



5 comments:

  1. It is hard sometimes to remember but I like to read stories of people who love their dogs as much as I do. Thanks for sharing your memories and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never forget Gracie! And am so glad you have Bubbles now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. Glad I clicked on this! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those we love are never far away as we hold them in our hearts.. Those memories are something we never forget, But life moves on and we have to keep looking forward to tomorrow, Glad to see your post here today and to know you are now doing well.
    Love, ma

    ReplyDelete
  5. When Amber first started her "blogging career", I absolutely looked forward to visiting Gracie and read what she had to say in her diary for that day. It always made me laugh so much. Unfortunately we can't turn the clock back to that happier time in the Blogville world. Instead we move on and pray for better days ahead. Gracie, I miss you.

    ReplyDelete