Thursday, March 24, 2022

GOD AND DOG


 It's the funniest thing.  My old girl has become so very 'attached' to me lately.  She used to come to the back room with me every morning, where I had my coffee and wrote in my journal, and had God/Bible/Prayer time.  It was sweet mornings, just me, my girl, and God.  But when she grew old she was unable to make the jump onto the futon where I sit and so she stayed in the living room with Daddy.  A couple weeks ago she started coming back to look for me.  So I picked her up and laid her where she always would lay.  I have to pick her up to put her back down as well.  Now she comes back every morning looking for me.

It's difficult for her to get comfortable there with all her fatty tumors and cysts protruding from her.  She wriggles around and I have to reposition her multiple times before she calms.  But she really wants to be with me for our 'special mornings' so I guess she's willing to take the discomfort for that short while.  

This TikTok video was put on shortly after she started coming back with me again.  



5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. This is both heartbreaking and heartwarming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looked so wise when she was laying down. So sweet the times you share together!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a few days since you posted this, but I just wanted to leave a note for you and Miss Gracie. It was so lovely to see her in the video, thank you, Bobbie. Gracie, you are such a champ and I admire you so very much. And I love you so.

    ReplyDelete