Monday, October 3, 2016

The Dreamer In Us

I think many of us girls tend to be dreamers.  Our minds wander when reading a good book or watching a good movie.  Right? We get caught up in the moment.  We can become Jane Fonda, young, beautiful and vibrant, waiting on our equally beautiful new husband Robert Redford to come home to our petite, cold, empty third floor apartment so we can throw our arms around his neck and smother him with kisses.  Ahhhhh young love and newlyweds.  Jane Fonda even walks Barefoot in the Park in that movie and our imagination does too... is that not true?  Sounds romantic, eh?

And then there's Breakfast at Tiffany's.   You remember Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn) and how she'd have her morning coffee and donuts while  window shopping at Tiffany's? I loved the dreamer in her.  The ending of that movie was a happy one.  So romantic.  After seeing that movie I always had a desire to have a piece of jewelry from there,  just as Holly Golightly did ...  and then... like Holly, I'd be living happily ever after just like she did when she rescued the cat and fell into the arms of her handsome love.

Just for fun I recently googled Tiffany's and found a really cute necklace.  'They' asked me if I wanted to let a certain someone know that I was 'interested' in the necklace.  I said sure.

And wouldn't you know it, my love surprised me on our 14th anniversary with this....


Who needs Robert Redford or George Peppard when they have Gary Phillip....

It's no wonder I love him so....

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful necklace! A very special gift from Gary for your anniversary!

    When I was a young woman, I visited a boyfriend's Aunt one Christmas. She lived in a huge old Victorian home that was decorated like a gingerbread house. As each guest left, she let them choose a wrapped gift from a basket. I was thrilled when I got to the car to realize I had chosen perfume from Tiffany's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag is just as beautiful as the necklace!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breakfast at Tiffany's - one of my favorites!
    Sweet necklace and lovely sentiment for your anniversary!
    Enjoy your daydreaming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty necklace! A great gift to remember your 14th anniversary!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete