Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I Can See Clearly Now

 My eyesight was getting horrible.  The left eye was blurry close up and blurry far away.  Glasses or contacts.  It didn't matter.  Life was a blur.

I blamed it on my dry eye.  But then I thought, could I be getting cataracts?  I know a number of people my age who have been down that road already.

So I bit the bullet and called for an appointment to have my eyes tested.  It's been a couple of years.  Guess it was time.  This time for convenience sake I tried the place up the road from where we live, about three minutes away.


The doc gave me a new prescription which included a Toric lens to compensate for the stigmatism in my left eye.  When I asked him about the possibility of my having cataracts he was quick to say that I am too young for that.    I like him.

After ordering a new pair of glasses, I brought home the new contact lenses that he wanted me to try out.  The next day, I put them in.  Everything is bright.  And clear.  And sharp.

I can see clearly now, the fall is here
I can see all colors that are in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sun shiny day
I think I can make it now, the blur is gone
All the dull images have disappeared
Here is the sharpness I've been hopin' for
It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sun shiny day
Look all around, there's nothin' but blue skies
Nothin' but yellows and oranges and reds so clear
I can see clearly now, the blur is gone
I can see all colors that are in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sun shiny day

2 comments:

  1. So glad you can actually see great now! Very clever re-do of the song words! I had cataract surgery in both my eyes, and they implanted the Toric lenses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!!! Glad to hear it was "just" the lenses that needed correction and not something more like cataracts. Definitely great to see clearer now :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete