Sunday, July 3, 2016

It's Gone

To fully appreciate what I am about to say, you may want to go back and re-read my April entry

 HERE.

~~~~~~~~~~~

So there I was in church today... thinking...  wondering.  Did they tear down my brother's old house yet?  I had forgotten to look on the way in.  I had this funny feeling though, that they had.  I made a mental note to myself to check on my way out.  And when I did, I couldn't find it.

Wait. 

I thought maybe it was hiding behind some trees.  I second guessed myself assuming that I was not looking far enough beyond the trees.  It was there last week.  

It couldn't just disappear in one week.  

But it had.


Jim's voice could be heard somewhere inside my head, "I'll be coming home in the spring to go through the old house."  

It was his anchor, that old house, for a very special and long season of his life.   

I cried all the way home. 

Then I wiped away my tears and enjoyed the here and now.  Grand-angels came to swim and eat pizza, shrimp and ice cream and play games in the yard. 


Anvil enjoyed the attention...


and so did Gracie.  



Dear Diary,

Today I learned that I am the master.  I always thought dad was the master.  But the CupCake and ShortStuff said I was the master.  And they started walking like me and following me through the yard acting like me.  Imagine that?  Me, a master...  Now.  To convince dad of this...  Gracie.


6 comments:

  1. Wishing you all a very happy 4th of July. Sorry we have been away for so long but we think of all our friends often. Have a lovely time.
    Best wishes Molly The Wally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we have to let go of the past in order to move forward. I am glad you had the family to rally behind you. ANVIL and company look great, very patriotic. GRACIE prefer to think of this extra attention as a bargaining chip. If you play your cards right you could be running the whole show there.I'm just saying???? HAPPY 4th of JULY to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that the family was there to remind you about taking care of the living, along with yourself. Jimmy would tell you to let it go and you know it.

    Are you having more celebrations today? (and tonight) I was checking out youtube for fireworks displays. I plan on playing some of them tonight (minus the racket) on the big screen. It will be dog friendly and fun for everyone to watch on the big screen TV! (No driving through a crowd) Some of the videos are quite spectacular!

    That monkey of yours is looking mighty fine and so does the family. Have a Happy Fourth of July.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the tears were "necessary" because they helped with a sad closure, but so thankful at the end of the tears there was much joy with the time you got to spend with family :) Anvil indeed was very festive! Glad even Gracie had a good day!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sad and happy post. I'm so glad that your todays are so very beautiful with your grandkids and sweet (?) little Gracie. Stop by on Thursday, it's Samson's 7th birthday and I'll have baby pictures of him. Well, him at three months old. I'm sure Gracie will be beside herself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sad and happy. So is life. Have a blessed day. Hugs

    ReplyDelete