Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Little Girl Gone

Some days I try to turn off the hustle bustle of traffic up and down our road and take my mind back to a simpler place and time.


For a moment I forget about the hectic, adult obligations of the here and now ~ and I smell lilacs in full bloom in our yard just clear of the clothes line where Mom is hanging clothes on the line.


Its quiet there, in my once upon a time world.  Paying attention to detail, I notice the green grass and even the patches of dirt where grass won't grow.  My hands and arms are dirty from a full day of play.


There are no worries.  No obligations.  No deadlines.  The only drama is kids stuff, and it all washes away with our weekly bath.  (ugh!  Did I say weekly?)


The old four room house is hot in the summer and cold in the winter.  There is a path out back to the outhouse when we need to go.  But we don't complain.  We make do.


I think about my life.  I've come a long way since those once-a-week baths and the outhouse path.


But somehow... somewhere along the way...  I seem to have lost the innocent little girl who thought life was all good... once upon a time.


5 comments:

  1. Would't that be neat if we could all save that innocence we once had? And sadly why did we want to grow up as quick as we did? Lots of memories in those pictures I am sure!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yet you remain just as pretty as you were then. And as sweet and innocent looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet pics, Bobbi. Many days, I think how simple life was back then, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's where I go when I need to get away, back when life was simple:) Cute pics of little you! Enjoy today dear Bobbi, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like the smell of lilacs in full bloom. Wonderful family pics and great memories.

    ReplyDelete