Sunday, April 8, 2012

Trees ~ A Value That Spans Generations

It's no fun being sick.  Especially on a 'special day'.  I can't remember the last time I missed church on Easter Sunday... 
But today I had to settle for a 2011 online broadcast from  Andy Stanley. 

 Morning's aren't good.  I'm pretty sure what I have is a sinus infection, so if I'm no better by tomorrow I'll go to the doctor to get antibiotics.  

This afternoon, Gary and I got out of the house for a while.  We went to an almost empty theatre and 
we saw The Hunger Games.  

Then the grand-angels came...  


There were Easter baskets...


and soft pink bunnies...


A curious Gracie looks on as Rissi and Pop-Pop 
plant cherry trees...


This fun project was planned not long ago, 
after seeing The Lorax... 


Rissi promised.  

When she's a teenager and drives down National Highway she's going to remember....  'those are the trees pop-pop and I planted on Easter day, just before I turned five'...  


It was chilly and windy, but memories were made...


Love was all around...  Well..  until a certain 
someone had her own version of hunger games going on...  

"A bottle please!!"

Happy Easter!



14 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you Bobbi!... I am so sorry you do not feel well... hoping tomorrow you do!... how sweet Rissi wanted to plant trees and will always remember them... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rissi's basket is almost as big as she is!!! That is so sweet that she and Pop Pop planted trees together. Summer is growing so fast. She looks pretty in her lavender hat.
    Bobbi, I sure hope you feel better soon. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great pictures, and a wonderful memory of the tree planting you have made for Marissa!!! That has got to be the biggest Easter basket I have ever seen, she must have been beside herself!!!! I hope you get better soon! Hey, I just read that over 80% of sinus infections do not respond to anti-biotics. Something to think about, I hope you can get in to see the doctor and he can help you, I had this for two months in Jan. and Feb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you are sick, Bobbi; but it does look like a very nice day with the grands!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter,
    I hope you get better soon. Being sick is the miseries!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a wonderful EASTER DAY even though you were feeling under the weather. Hope things turn around soon and you're feeling better soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool memories! Sure hope you feel better Bobbi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I has no idea why dos postie almost brought tears to my eyes...I guess just seein' little Rissi and her pop pop plantin' trees was just kinda emotionals. Twenty years from nows, hers will remembers dat special day...and da earth will be betters fur it too. Now, I'll be expectin' a cherry cobbler too.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you feel better! I love the tradition of planting a tree! That is for sure a way to keep smiles and memories for years to come! SWEET pictures of the Grand-SWEETIES!

    Have a blessed day dear Bobbi, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love cherry trees especially in the spring. Unfortunately we have to remember the ones we had in Michigan. They won't grow in Florida because of the heat. (We tried). Hope you're feeling better today.

    Gracie...don't pee on the cherry trees (unless no one's lookin). BOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhh.... That pic of Rissi smiling while Summer is squalling is sooooooooo CUTE! that Summer is now quite the plump little "huggy - Bear" and of course Rissi's smile is mega- watt as usual.... wish we could grow cherry trees here in this part of the Gulf Coast.... but sadly have to settle for looking photos....

    GET WELL SOON precious friend!

    much love and hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rissi's basket looks awesome! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Easter Bobbi!
    the Easter basket..wow! i want it too! =P

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am sorry that you weren't feeling well on Easter. I really want to see The Hunger Games but it looks like I'll have to just wait for the DVD. Cherry trees are so beautiful! We have 2 in our yard. We enjoy seeing them grow and bloom every year.

    ReplyDelete