Sunday, December 4, 2011

Abuse. There's That Word Again....

Dear Diary,


Did you know that one in every 4 dogs are neglected and abused by their owners after the month of October because of the owners own inability to deal with time change and shorter days?  The dogs are left to sleep, eat, and sleep some more without the hint of a walk or playtime at the tennis courts or dog parks.  And did you know that dogs are 87% more likely to become depressed and withdrawn if their owners become obsessed with TV series such as: Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, and Mike and Molly?  Oh!  And...  Did you know that 72  3/5% of all owners of dogs get head injuries from aggressive dogs lunging for their toys after owners have kept said toys in seclusion...(after assuming dog wants to chew squeaker out of squeaky fox but in reality all dog wants to do is get a rush from the squeak-y tail...) Mom> If you're reading this > I'd be careful if I were you. Of course, that does not apply to me.  I would never become so obsessed with that beautiful, stinky sweet smelling, squealing fox and forget about my mom's safety. No way!  
Just some info I needed to get off my chest.  Though Max and Maggie were wishy-washy about their answers for this survey, Mutley's confidence brought home every truth that I've known for years.  And now... What to do.  A protest maybe? I've a lot of time to think about it. Gracie.




13 comments:

  1. My dogs also suffered from this October abuse Gracie in that they couldn't go for their usual long walk in the early hours because it's dark. On the flip side I also suffered from abuse this morning when I had to take our crew for a walk when there was frost. A dog last year chewed up my mittens and now my little paws are getting cold...It's a vicious circle, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh....I have to say we are addicted to Desperate Housewives, but Tugie gets a couple of good walks a day if not three....raw weather can hamper it a little but we try to wrap up to endure it so she gets her romp and sniffs in. I think she likes Desperate Housewives though b/c she gets snuggle bunny time with her Momma. lol I just had to defend Desperate Housewives. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gracie... it's me, Tessy... I will protest with you!... ALL of us need to be looked after and cared for like me and you are... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I signed my mama's name by mistake, this is ME, your doggy bloggy pal TESSY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Gracie. Such is the life of a dog 'tis true. You endure so-ooo much. But look at all that unconditional love you get, in return. The cozy comfy bed, the treats, the toys. Maybe if you ask real nice, your momma will turn on Animal Planet for you on the TV to break the monotony?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gracie, you have a home here whenever you want it! It is a safe home and a good home and you won't have to suffer such abuse! Honestly, Koda still gets his two a day walks; we just walk in the dark with a few flashlights in safe areas, but I always do look forward to those lighter days ahead come spring!

    I've said it before, your mom does love you, You have a very good home. But there is also a home waiting here for you, should you decide enough is enough!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gracie...just ignore dem useless hoomans and click on WWF...you sho dem who rules~!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I know why we all LOVE the spring and summer so much! Thanks for this Gracie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Gracie, life isn't easy for you, is it??????

    Hope you and mom and dad have a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gracie, cheer up!!!! Mom only wants the best for you, and I have a feeling there will be lots of new toys coming for Christmas!!! You won't be down in the dumps for long, my little forlorn friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uh...talk bout abuse and neglect! Furst Mom is sick...den hooman sissy is in hospital and we gets da twins...Mom still sick and stays in bed....Me gets in bed trying to keep her warm. Somehow mee ends up under pillow and da Momma is suff-o-cating mee! Den her almost rolls me outta bed! King-size bed....come on, Mom! Oh, den one night her almost forgets to get up and feed me. Abuse and neglect! Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear Gracie, I know that the Winter is tough when the days are short! Perhaps you need some playing in the yard time during the day:) Hope you get some answers! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poor Gracie! It is a harsh time of year!

    ReplyDelete