Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Foot of the Bed

Dear Diary,

I'm allowed one spot, one teeny tiny area at the foot of the bed to sleep on.  I went to lay down in my spot last night and ouch, eech, oooch...  something was poking at me and I leaped up to mom who was lying in bed reading a book.  'Gracie, back down where you belong!' dad says.  It was a restless night, let me tell you.  I was up and down, turning around, doing the jig..  and all the while mom's like..  'Gracie, you need to settle down.  What is your problem!?'  Oh, and get this...  when mom went to look for her glasses this morning she couldn't stop laughing ~ because she found them laying on MY SPOT ON THE BED!   Funny, she doesn't see the humor in it when I leave my bones on her side.. nope... not at all.  Gracie. 



Found this sweet bib at a yard sale Saturday.  Lindsey says I should stop buying clothes for the new baby because she has enough.  I just can't help myself.

11 comments:

  1. Poor Gracie - - - couldn't get a good night's sleep and got fussed at on top of that - - - and it wasn't your fault. I would think of some sort of 'payback' but you are probably too tired to dream up something. Take a nap and if tonight is a good night, you can forgive those sweet owners one more time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Gracie, you have my sympathy, you sweet little fuzzball, you! You definitely need to think of some way to get your "parents" back, hehehehe.

    And I loooove the sweet bib! What is it about baby clothes?? I just lose it in the baby clothes section in the stores.... just bought an expecting friend some cute things, and went goofy over a pack of little monkey socks.....couldn't resist them!
    Have a happy week!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a funny story!! Grandmas have programmed radar to buy cute things like this and we can't help it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor, poor Gracie, leave extra bones in Mom's spot tonight now! Puppy kisses, Miss Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Gracie...you poor thing! Hope you get some rest soon!

    That bib is adorable. I did a lot of cross stitch when I was younger and that is just beautiful!

    Have a great day, you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh nose, Gracie....You doin' dis all wrong. You gots to sleep up on da hooman's pillow on top of dere head! (Dat where me sleeps) If dey fuss bout it, den jus sneaks up dere after dey are snoring. Dey will never nose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Gracie, I had to grin when I read this post--It reminds me of the 'princess and the pea!' :-))

    I hope you all have had a good weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Gracie! I am sorry that your Mom wouldn't take the time to figure out what was poking you:)

    Keep buying the clothes, it doesn't matter if they have enough already:) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gracie,
    Mom OWES you an extra treat and a loooong walk today!
    Be sure to claim it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gracie
    Why is it that our pawrents never think our problems seriously.
    If only you could talk and say,,,
    "your glasses are poking me"!
    We could give our pawrents an ear full!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete