Sunday, August 7, 2011

Mission Accomplished

Friday was an overnighter with the granddaughter.  We've been keeping her overnight since she was just weeks old and now she she asks early in the week...  

"Grammy, can I stay with you on Friday?"

Saying Goodbye to Mama.  Lindsey's 5 months pregnant.  Can you tell?  

 The days of diaper changing and 
bottle feeding are gone for now.  


Now it's more like, 
"Grammy I can't let you through unless
 you say the magic words".  

OR


"Make breakfast for my friend Justin, too"

or

"Grammy, don't sit there... Justin's sitting there."
(Justin is Rissa's invisible Power Rangers friend.)


At night she falls to her knees and closes her eyes tightly. 
And it's there that she sees God.  

Each time she asks God to bless someone, her hands clench tighter and tighter...  as though God will hear her and grant her request, should her prayers be accompanied by tightly clenched eyes and hands.  

And He will.

Matthew 18:3   Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.





Dear Diary,

Let me quote something my Mom used to say.  'Gracie!  I should have named you Trouble!'  That line had been dropped for some time ~ but it is now back.  Well, this is the thing...  her and Dad were hiding underneath the dining room table with the little cookie kid, and I was getting absolutely no attention whatsoever...  so I decided to take matters into my own paws, so to speak.  Or jaws ~  whatever way you might want to look at it.  I chewed up an old coloring book that Mom says her and Lindsey used to color pictures in when Lindsey was a little girl ~ like the cookie kid.  I'm not sorry I did it.  I got the attention I was looking for. Mission accomplished.  Gracie.





16 comments:

  1. She is making great memories with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! It's cute that Gracie is in and out of the "tent" too! Thank you for sharing your photos and video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video! Gracie, was the coloring book tasty? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, Gracie! Why that coloring book? Couldn't you find anything else to tear up? Jill is partial to paper towels and her middle name is Trouble too!

    Looks like a fun time with Marissa, I guess I have been seeing her about a year now, she's growing up and losing that "baby" face. Treasure the days, Bobbi, treasure the days...

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is just something so profoundly beautiful about the prayers of a child......it brings tears to my eyes.....they are so precious in His sight!

    And Gracie....girlfriend... I am sensing a serious "tude" when you think Rissi is getting all the attention! You make me laugh, you STINKER!

    Hugs!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  6. The picture of the three of you is so beautiful and full of joy, it is just priceless!!! I so much enjoyed the whole video!!!! We make Ella a cave under the living room chair, but she is getting too big to fit! Rissa is just overjoyed by the tent, at times she is hardly unable to contain herself, what a moment to treasure!! She has the cutest little voice! We have our granddaughter this evening, will not be doing a tent, but guess what, brick laying, with real bricks and mortar! Guess we're unconventional, but she loves to build! Gary is the CastleMaster!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bobbi, Love reading about your time spent with your precious granddaughter; we've got so many sometimes it is difficult to get them all over for a sleepover.
    Don't be too mad at Gracie-could have been much worse-like a shoe or clothing.
    Thanks for sharing today, so blessed we are.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  8. You all have a GREAT time with your granddaughter. That video is precious and will be more and more precious as the years go by.
    You mentioned in the video that Gracie was nervous about eating - - perhaps because of the tent - - - most probably because she was full of coloring book! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, this post made me smile:) Fun times with the little ones... nothing sweeter!

    I know what you mean Gracie, I have coloring books that mean a lot to me too! I am sure your Mom still loves you and the cookie girl too!

    Have a blessed evening Bobbi, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's nothing like the grandchildren....She is precious and you can tell she has a lot of fun with you.....
    Making memories is what I call those visits....There's nothing like them.....

    Gracie just wanted to be in on the action....don't be too made with her....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gracie..Gracie..Gracie

    Dat wasn't nice (butt very good thinkin') You gives me a very good idea for da next time da grand bipeds comes to my house for da weekend. (insert devil laugh here)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gracie, I hate to say it, but you look GUILTY!
    You have the same look I get when I've been naughty.
    We got to work on being better behaved...Tomorrow.

    Tell your Mom, I love listening to the prayers of children.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet that you are an important part of your granddaughter's life. She is blessed because of it. I love the video of the tent. Those are the best moments she will remember always.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweetheart! OK, you are too Gracie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww...Rissa is just adorable! And it sounds like you guys are such fun grandparents!

    ReplyDelete