Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bambi, Jazz, and Billy. Thanks for the Smiles.

This one's for you...




The Rainbow Bridge

inspired by a Norse legend

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,
Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
Where the friends of man and woman do run,
When their time on earth is over and done.
For here, between this world and the next,
Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
On this golden land, they wait and they play,
Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.
No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.
They romp through the grass, without even a care,
Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.
For just at that instant, their eyes have met;
Together again, both person and pet.
So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
The time of their parting is over at last.
The sadness they felt while they were apart,
Has turned into joy once more in each heart.
They embrace with a love that will last forever,
And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.

With a sad heart, I think of my friends who have recently lost their beloved pets... and I dedicate this post to you.


Fern - Bambi was a sweetheart, and her love for you showed in her eyes.  She will be missed.




Jenni - Jazz was a velvety beauty!  How blessed she was to have you.  I know it must be hard...


Gloria - Behind that cute face was a personality all his own...  Billy was such a love!  How you're heart must ache...  


I will always remember Bambi, Jazz, and Billy with a smile.


18 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, did all three just go to Rainbow Bridge? So sorry for their owners, I know it is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heart breaks for those who have had to say good bye.
    Your post is beautiful....and thoughtful
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so sad to lose a loved pet. They looked so cute on the pictures, I'm sure they are missed. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Bobbi, I had no idea you were going to do this.... thanks so much! What a caring heart you have....

    and now I want to cry.... there is a big 'ol hole in my heart that my Jazzy filled......

    just... thank you again... I appreciate it and will be sharing this with the rest of my family.

    And to Bambi and Billy's families, I am so sorry for y'all's loss... I know how it hurts to lose a cherished pet....

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the Rainbow Bridge poem is just beautiful. thanks again...
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I am so touched by your thoughtfulness! It is so hard right now. And you, my friend are helping me heal! I have lost my best buddy in the world, but....he will never be forgotton. I look forward to the day I see him again at the bridge! Thank you sooooo much Bobbi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Miss Bobbi, what a beautiful tribute to such wonderful furiends. I am gonna miss them so much and my heart goes out to their families during dis time...but what wonderful memories they all have of their bestest furiends.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful ! how sweet of you to remember your friends and their companions.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read your post with tears in my eyes and a breaking heart for those who have recently lost a pet. It's so hard to lose a beloved friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very loving post, Bobbi. It is so hard to lose a best friend, my heart goes out to their caretakers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post Bobbi! I have found so much comfort in knowing that so many people like you understand and in knowing that our pups have wonderful friends at the bridge...

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is so sad to have to say goodbye. We have had to do this too many times ourselves the last couple of years.

    Our deepest sympathy to the families of those 3 beautiful souls.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww - so sweet.
    My sweet Kramer crossed the bridge over a year ago and some days it feels like it was only yesterday. I was so fortunate to have him for 15 yrs. . .Thanks for stopping by my Blog. I signed on to FOLLOW you, so I'll be back!

    ~SWEET TEA

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bobbi this is beautiful....
    Furbabies are so very special.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Bobbi,
    I surely hope you are right about the Rainbow Bridge!! I WANT to believe that is the way it is going to be.!!
    Thank you for this!!
    You have a heart of GOLD!!!
    xx, Fern

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awwww, truly heartfelt hugs to their owners...goodness; so sad when there is a pet who has died; my heart breaks for them!
    What a wonderful post Bobbi!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bobbi thank you for the sweet comment...I most certainly and stopping to smell the roses now too. We are not promised anything but the moment we are in. Everyone gets so busy they say 'tomorrow'....
    Extra hugs to Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so sad for your friends that have lost their furry loved ones! We lost our 15 year old kitty last September and it still hurts!

    ReplyDelete