Friday, December 31, 2010

Something To Do With Change


Dear Diary, 

I'm not sure what a New Years Resolution is.  But I think it has something to do with change.  So while everybody else is making their list...  I've decided to do my part...

1.  I will wait until after 7:30 am to start scratching my ears and licking my butt.  

2.  I won't jump up on Rissie the minute she walks in the door.

3.  I will not jump in Mom's chair as soon as she gets up to go to another room.  I'll jump in Dad's chair instead.

4.  Okay.  I won't jump in Dad's chair either.

5.  When it comes time to clean my ears, I'll sit passively and allow Mom to dump that wet stuff down my ears and massage them... and I won't get up and go crazy, rubbing them all over the carpet and pillows.

6. Barking at passersby is out of the question.  I will pretend there is no one outside of my window walking down the street.  I will convince myself that it is a figment of my imagination.  

7.  I will sleep in Gracie's bed at night.

8.  I will stay away from all bugs.

9.  I will not chew up any of Rissie's toys.

10.  I will not beg for chocolate.  I know it's off limits.  

In Return, I am asking that Mom and Dad do a little changing of their own.  

I mean, a dog like me deserves a little respect.  Don't you agree?  

Gracie.




Happy New Year Everyone!

  May 2011 be Blessed beyond Measure!!


16 comments:

  1. Excellent resolutions - - - especially the first one. Tell our cat that no baths before the alarm clock rings would be appreciated in this house, too! Hope you have a very Happy New Year - - and keep working on those humans. They really are easy to train your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracie, you are so sweet! I love to visit you and your mom and I don't want to miss a single post! I wish you all a very happy new year. God bless in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracie, your resolutions are admirable!! Hope you have a wonderful New Year, and don't stress the resolutions too much. I think mom and dad are pretty much softies! Happy New Year to you and your family!!! I hope you have abundant blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year From Southern California.

    Don't forget to watch the 122nd Rose Parade on New Year's Day coming from Pasadena, California...only 30 miles from The Old Geezer's home :-)

    No matter what looms ahead, if you can eat today, enjoy today, mix good cheer with friends today enjoy it and bless God for it. ~Henry Ward Beecher

    May God Bless and Protect You in the Year to Come. ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now do you really think you can keep all those resolutions???? Lol Good luck! Happy New Year to the entire household!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice girl you are, Gracie! No wonder Mom and Dad are so proud of you! And, if you fail in accomplishing any of your resolutions, just give them a sweet, long and warm look like the one in the picture.

    Happy New Year to the whole family!! From the heart.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, Gracie, you have them written down! That's a start!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are GR8 resolutions! I wonder how long they will last....BOL!
    xxx Oz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gracie, you're an example for many to follow--I'll see if I can get our crew to do just that, it might cost me some treats though!

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year sweet little Gracie!... please tell your mama and daddy Happy New years too!... doggie kisses!... Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gracie, If you could pass #3 onto our Smoke, I'd sure appreciate it. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gracie...you da girl...you are right on with all your demands...hoomans have got to get a grip or somethin'...ANYWAY...I'm behind you all the way with that list of yours....mine is all too similar...HAPPY NEW YEAR! to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gracie, I will have to read your resolutions to my doggies. I wonder if they even thought to make some. You are a very good girl, that's for sure. Happy New Year to you and your family.--Inger

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gracie, do you really believe your humans will make and KEEP resolutions?! I KNOW YOU WILL though! lol
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Gracie,
    Your list of resolutions is so much to think about. I can tell that you have been thinking very deeply and are really going to try to make sure your follow through. So many resulutions, such a little cute dog.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are some good resolutions, Gracie! I hope you are able to stick to them! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete