Thursday, October 28, 2010

Have I Told You About My New Secretary?





Just minutes away from our home... 

The perfect Walk...


Gracie!  Get a grip!!





On Sunday's walk I noticed that there aren't as many vibrant colors as there usually are around this time of year.

Okay, I'll admit.  I'm a little envious of the other blogs I'm seeing with all the reds, yellows and oranges showing beautiful and  bright.


But our walk was nice.  Hubby felt pretty good. 
 Gracie was happy.  



I was way over-dressed though.  Hubby and I had a bet.  I said the temp would be 80 for a high, he said 76 I believe.

It was 79.


I'm paranoid when I hear a train whistle.
  You know why.
  
Another false alarm.


Over the bridge


It's usually like a Thomas Kincaid 
painting here in the fall.

 Not that this isn't pretty... it's just not 
what is usually is.


A Picture and Some History along the way...
Back in the day...  There's the bridge we just went over...


It was a beautiful day!



Oh...  have I told you about my new Secretary...??

11 comments:

  1. Your walk looks wonderful... I get excited and hang my head out the window too Gracie, when I am going someplace special like that!... love all that beautiful countryside... and your new secretary is just adorable!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're lucky this year that we have had soooo much color and it has lasted this long....the last 2 years have been......in a word....BLAH!!
    What a great place for a weekend walk.....

    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that is the cutest little secretary I've ever seen! And I imagine you can save a great deal of money by paying her with cookies and milk! I LOVE the picture of the three of you on your walk, did you bring a tripod or nab a passerby? What a really neat picturesque bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your pretty walk. Your new secretary is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Ginny, we actually came across a back hoe or some-such kind of machinery and found a level place on it to place the camera. Gracie was getting antsy... she wanted to get on with the walk. And you're right, cookies and milk will suffice in Rissie's secretarial duties. Kids are so easy. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your secretary! so very professional; loved how she said "can I help you?"

    what a wonderful place for a walk!! I'm thinking Gracie has been there before since she was so excited to go there! looks like a great place to spend time together with your hubby and Gracie :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Betty, and she was actually working with a real customer too! I had to stop her real quick.. 'wait a minute... let me grab my camera...' lol. Rissie's used to that with Grammy...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your walk looks like so much fun! But I would be scared to cross the train bridge too! But i'm sure Gracie would let you know if you needed to run - fast!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gracie is a adorbale, but Marissa melts my heart!
    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our views aren't their usual prettiness, I think from the drought.

    Great little secretary, you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are just now noticing some color in the leaves. It's kind of late, I think. Your walk looks so nice!

    Your new secretary sure is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete