Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I Thought I'd Lost You!


I guess everyone's tired of seeing my wildflowers....  but that's all I have for now...  Nothing else is blooming yet.




Butterfly pictures, compliments of Gary.

It's been a busy time.  Next week is my final week of work, then a week off, then my new business will open.    Today we went to WCBC studio to record "Listen Up" segments for  radio.  This is just one form of advertising that we're going with.  


The newspaper will be covering our grand opening and maybe our ear carving.  


Our meeting in Fredericksburg,Va. was great.  The Hilton we stayed in was luxurious and clean and the meeting was top notch.  We met a couple who used to work for Miracle Ear, who had left there to go on their own... just as we are doing.  They had so much to offer.  We were given their card immediately and told to call anytime.


I'm starting to get really excited!!  


This morning I took Gracie over to the 'home office' and, as I often do, I turned her loose with her leash still attached, after pushing the door closed.  I started looking through some things on my desk and taking care of some business, then I turned around and called for her and I noticed the door was wide open!!  My heart dropped!!  We live along a busy highway and it's always been my fear that Gracie would get out and run onto the road.


Dear Diary,
Mom.  What can I tell you about her?  She's a little do-de-do-do ~insert twilight zone theme song here~  She came out of the office today first yelling "Gracie!"  
then it was "H-e-l-l-o  g-i-r-l. . ." i-n s-l-o-w m-o-t-i-o-n ~ ~  then she GRABBED my leash and hugged me real tight like she'd never let me go and  she kept saying things like, "I thought I'd lost you!"  Geesh.  I was just laying on the porch getting some sun and watching the guys cutting down trees along the highway.  She really needs to get a grip.  Gracie.

19 comments:

  1. So glad Gracie stayed put!!! She is a GOOD girl!! Now pet her and talk baby talk to her for ME!! LOVE the butterfly, Gary is quite a photographer! Can't wait to see the grand opening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how exciting that soon you will be doing your own business! I'm sure it will go great!! I would have panicked too seeing the open door and wondering where Gracie had gone. Glad she was just working on her tan, and was safe!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next few weeks are going to be so exciting for you! Can't wait to see the "Ear".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you guys also. Cant wait til you open!!! Gracie, Gracie, Gracie, dont give mom a heart attack right before she opens the doors....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Da best of luck to Mom and Dad wit da new business. I nose it will do wonderfurry well. And, Gracie, don't scare Mom like dat. Da peeps jus worry way too much. My Mom is da same way. Like we're going to go very far....sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Bobbi!! It's good to sit down and catch up on your blog, and it's good to read that Gracie didn't take her chance at freedom and run off! I'm glad she was easily found! Losing one of our pups that same way is one of my fears as well.

    Your pictures are really lovely--They remind me of why I so enjoy this time of the year. Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bobbi, I never get tired of looking at beautiful flowers!... and those butterfly pics are stunning!... xoxo Julie Marie Now Tessy wants to write something to Gracie... "Dear Gracie... I also know how much fun it is to sneak out and lay on the porch, but you know how moms are... my mama won't let me do it either and she FREAKS out if I even try!... so, I guess we just need to remember all of the GOOD things they let us do!... love to you my doggie bloggie pal, your friend, Tessy"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bobbi, I am so happy that you don't have to tell us that you lost Gracie!!! Thank Goodness she was a good girl!!
    Good luck in your business.
    Thank you for your visit. I love your company.
    xx, Fern

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gracie, what was that you were investigating under the green thing? Tell your mommy and dad that I am sending them my best wishes and "hurray" for the new business!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We never tire of wildflowers!!
    Gracie it is amazing how hard the moms can hug us sometimes. Whew...and squeal...I feel your pain.
    Hugs Madi

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad Gracie is OK....When you miss one for a second, your heart drops.....

    Congratulations on your new opening....I am sure the next few weeks will be very heckic but exciting......

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gary takes some really nice pictures! Love that butterfly, and oh, bachelor buttons, I haven't seen any in absolutely ages - so pretty!

    Bet Gracie scared you good! Glad she behaved and was just watching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whew! Glad that little furry child stayed put on the porch...
    That is a terrible sinking feeling when you can't find your pet.

    How wonderful that y'all got to connect with those other Miracle Ear people! What a blessing!

    And I could never get tired of wildflower photos.... Texas has been so dry this Spring and Summer, so not as many wildflowers...
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such an exciting time for you and Gary. How wonderful to have met another couple who did the same. May God richly bless you in this new endeavor. So happy that Gracie is safe; pets can sure scare us sometimes!

    Hope you all have a nice weekend, Bobbi.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could never get sick of your blog or your photos. Of course they are best when Gracie is in them! Best of luck on opening your new business! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gary is a very good photographer. I especially like the tiger swallow tail butterfly.

    I pray that God abundantly blesses your new business :-)

    Take care and have a great weekend :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such beautiful flowers! Sounds like life is both busy and exciting right now! Don't forget to breathe!

    Thank God Gracie created more emotional commotion than anything else! How frightening it is when we realize that they aren't where we thought they were!

    Have a lovely weekend!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad Gracie found you!
    Have a nice weekend!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  19. The flowers are so pretty! I am the same way with the kitties. We take them outside for a little while (supervised) but sometimes one of them will get away from me. Even though we don't have to worry about traffic, I worry about wild animals.

    ReplyDelete