Wednesday, June 5, 2019

PRINCESS GRACIE AND THE TERRIBLE HORRIBLE NO GOOD VERY BAD SPRING as told by Her Highness

I could make a long story short here, but I won't.  I wish for you to feel my pain understand what I've been going thru.

Several weeks ago it was a trip back to Dr. Fox for me with Otitis Media in the opposite ear as before.  I was one sick pup.  Mom and Dad are like...  what is causing this?  and Dr. Fox be like ...  how often are you bathing her?  And Dad and Mom are like...  could it be that she puts her head out the window when she is riding in the car?

BINGO!

The day my world changed.  

If I can't let my long furry ears flap in the wind as I'm smelling life passing by... there's no reason to live what's the sense in going anywhere?  Mom and Dad knew of my dilemma and so Mom got me a ear wrap AKA Happy Hoodie from something called Amazon.  Like in the rainforest?  I asked, but nah...  I don't think this torturous headpiece/ear protector came from the forest.  I think it was designed by a people who doesn't know dogs that well.  


I couldn't breath.  I was anxious and afraid.  I thought for sure this was it.  End of the line for me.  My last photo session would be that of a scared, miserable dying dog.


Luckily, it was a short trip just to try the thing out.  But by the time we made it home I was so anxious and afraid that I jumped out of the car twisting my knee! 


As I lay there on the road not able to move, Mom and Dad hovered over me looking very afraid.  Mom pulled the awful ear protector head band thingy from my head and I finally gained strength to limp off the road and into the house.


I would cry sometimes and Mom would cry too.  Next day it was back to see Dr. Fox.  He twisted me and turned me and pulled at my knee and then gave me a sharp pointy needle in the butt.  Twice.  


Maybe surgery, he said.  Or maybe I'd get better on my own. He gave me medicine that made me worse the first night.  Mom decided she'd just baby me and take me outside to enjoy nature and lift me when I needed lifted and see if time would heal.


I'm about 40% better, says Mom and Dad.  Dr. Fox says I'm pretty old for surgery and maybe we should wait-see.  Meanwhile Mom is lifting me into bed and onto the furniture and trying to make things as comfortable as possible. Dad has started doing a lot of the lifting because of Mom's back.  He's talking of taking me to camp again!  

Bunny Friend is taunting me outside.  Laughing at me and saying 'nah nah nah nah nah ya can't catch me'.  It's okay.  I pay him back by eating his poop later.


Mom hurt her back probably lifting me.  But she's getting a little better.  Dad helps a lot and he gives me belly and back rub therapy.

It's been a long spring.  And speaking of spring - Dr. Fox says to let me do what I feel like doing. a-hemmmm  ...  walking, playing, living life ...  

 So I'm getting a little spring to my step again.  I think Bunny Friend is rubbing off, cause I do more hopping than running.  


Mom said, this dog needs to go for her grooming appointment!  We've had to cancel too many times.  She stinks.  

Dr. Fox gave us the green light and so... yesterday was spa day.


 I did a big mushy poop in the yard after I came home from spa day at the Strawberry Dog, and then I sat in it yea, the MMP (Mushy Mound of Poop).  What's that all over your leg? Mom asks when I walk into the house...  and then she freaks out and chases me into the living room waving wet, soapy paper towels in the air.  After a good leg scrub she calmed down a bit.

Wish this picture had a scratch and sniff capability cause I smell wonderful..  Except for the right leg.  It'll pass.  But it lost something along the way...


6 comments:

  1. Gracie, you are the Queen of your empire...Long live Gracie....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Gracie, I am so glad to hear you are getting better! You look so pitiful in these pictures!! But still cute. As to the big poop, well...if you can't have fun in the usual way, you just have to be creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gracie, it has been a tough spring for you!! How sad with the car rides causing your ear problems! There has to be a better solution than that wrap protector or someone should event something better than that! I hope you completely heal from your knee injury soon! Be gentle with your humans as I think they are trying to do the best they can to make you comfortable!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. poor gracie. i hope things will be back to normal for you soon. you take care. you're a real sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Gracie, the "after spa poop part" made me giggle:) Hang in there girlie, feel better and enjoy your day! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Samson Says: Oh, my poor, poor Gracie. If I had known all this I would have sent you a card, a Get Well card. So let me first wish you all the best, so glad they took off that ear piece, your ears are so lovely, they should always flop in the wind. I have had poop accidents too. It happens when you get older. And I am soo dirty and have so much fur mommy is trying to brush through. It needs to be blown out with a vacuum cleaner in reverse. Anyhow, I will be going to the groomers soon for my summer bath and removal of winter coat. Feel better, sweet Gracie. XOXOXOXOXOXXOXO, Your Samson

    ReplyDelete