Sunday, October 19, 2014

Three Changes

I am due for some changes.

For the good, of course!

First off...  I must get my clothes closet in order.  I have way too many clothes and it is time to purge!  This is difficult.  I am torn.  It would be much easier if my clothes were torn.  But most are like new.   I will be victorious, really I will.  I live in an older house with very little closet space but I buy clothes like I have a walk-in closet.  I wish.  

Secondly.  To dye my hair or not dye my hair?  I have been going lighter hoping that the grey would blend in with the color and then I can quit dying.  Truth= not ready for that yet.  Darker shade, in the near future.  

Thirdly.  Weighing my options.  Should I live to eat or eat to live?  This weight thing is a real troublesome thing for me these days.  I will be sixty next year and I do not want to go down the path of my parents, having health problems and living a shorter life.   So here's to losing weight and being healthier.  

There they are.  Three changes that will be taking place in the next couple of months.  

Notice I said 'will take place'.  That leaves no room for compromise.  

Stay tuned.  



*Yawn*  Heard that speech before.




11 comments:

  1. I know you will do it! I have lost 70 pounds, so I know that YOU can do it, too. BUT, you are skinny and do not need to lose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any clothing consigment shops where you live or shops that buy gently used clothes? Might be an incentive to clear your closet if you get some pocket money in the process :)

    Definitely continue dying your hair :) I would if it was in the budget :)

    You can lose weight. Slow and steady, make sensible changes and realize it will probably take longer time than before to lose weight, something with that pesky metabolism slowing down as we age.

    I look forward to your posts about your accomplishments.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. They say change is good. I hope it is, right GRACIE? After dying my hair I let it all go grey/white. But I knew my mom would go crazy if she saw me like that, so before I visit I will dye it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to you. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto to all three:) I am already 60 and having trouble losing even just a few pounds! Clearing my closet has been on my TO DO list for a few weeks, gotta get with it! Enjoy your day dear friend! HUGS to you and Gracie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cleaning out the closet is one of the hardest things for me to do. I usually pull out what I haven't worn in a long time or what was never really that comfortable on. Then I put it in a stack to give away. Later it goes in a sack, and then if I have completely forgotten about it, it's out of here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's more to being healthy then being thin.I'm thin and still have health problems....just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Something to remember: Old skin does not spring back into shape when you lose weight, so lose it now, before you get old. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know they say that keeping a little bit more weight on as we age is a good thing. Not to be super overweight, but not too skinny either. Eating hubby's good cooking, I had gained about 20 pounds since he retired and really got into cooking. When he got ill this summer, I lost about 10 just like that. So to have some saved up for hard times may not be a bad idea. Wow, this was a long comment, all the best with what you WILL do. Samson sends love to his Gracie. He needs to be brushed badly, it is becoming the one thing I WILL do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read your post to mom. She is a steady - dieter - closet fighter too! She likes to watch some episodes of Hoarders and then run into the closet growling (before it wears off and getting rid of stuffs gets hard again). Me and my handsome brother are the Mayorz elect for Blogville. You should stop by sometime!

    Your Pals,

    MURPHY AND STANLEY

    ReplyDelete