Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Gary's Heart

Gary's catheterization took place at around 8 AM this morning.  We had to be at the hospital by 6, so I could not believe that he did not wake me up until 5:15 to leave the house twenty minutes later...   I really needed more time.  But then again, I managed to walk out the door and be there on time so maybe I didn't need more time after all.

By 9:30 the doctor came out to talk to me and explained that one of Gary's main arteries was 99.9% blocked.  If he hadn't got in there when he did, it would have surely led to a heart attack.  The doctor was able to stent it, and that is a praise report!!!  We were so thankful that it could be taken care of without surgery.  

He will be staying the night in the hospital and coming home tomorrow.  


Thank you all so much for your best wishes and prayers.  It means so much to us!!  

Dear Dad,

Don't worry about me.  I'll be fine without you.  As long as you get better and come home real soon.  I'll keep your side of the bed warm for ya. 

Love, Your girl Gracie


14 comments:

  1. Bobbi, I am so thankful that Gary went in when he did and I pray that he can go home tomorrow. I know Gracie will take good care of him. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, sweet Gracie. If I could have jumped for joy, I would have when I saw this on Facebook. Wonderful! And I cannot believe that Gary was going on with regular life with such a big blockage! Wasn't he very short of breath and in pain? Or maybe not...but time to celebrate for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracie, you take good care of Daddy when he gets home. We're all sending warm vibes and prayers for a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ninety nine point nine...I still can't believe it! Well, when he gets home he has a great nurse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad it could be stented! Wonderful news; thanking God! Now to follow the doctor's advice after discharge :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. We agree- thank goodness he went in and got it checked out! And now he is on the mend!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear that has been taken care of, so much better than the alternative. Rest well, Gary, and take it easy as long as the doctor says.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness they found the blockage when they did. Glad all is well now. GRACIE you're a real sweetheart keeping your dad's side of the bed warm for him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so scary! But what a blessing he had the tests and that this could be taken care of. I will be thinking of you guys and keeping you in my prayers.

    Samson Says: Gracie, I know how worried you must be, but your daddy will come home soon and claim his side of the bed back. And you will be so happy to give it up as long as he's OK. Kisses and hugs, Your Samson

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad it all went well. We pray that things will be OK now.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such AWESOME news! We know that he will be home soon and enjoying life once again.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Bobbi, I have been on vacation... not checking my blog at all! Here I am this morning, praying for your sweet Hubby, praying and thankful that you got there in time! Sending you a big HUG and continued prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad he got the help he needed and now he can start healing. This is a reminder of how important it is to listen to what our bodies tell us and get to the doctor when something feels wrong!

    ReplyDelete