Thursday, August 23, 2012

Jesus Is In The Stove


Just home from a babysitting session with the grand-angels at their home.  Summer took her bottle and then went to bed for the night at around 7:30 PM.  


Then Rissi and I played hide and seek and told stories.  Rissi is five years old and will start kindergarten after we return from vacation.  She has a great imagination and she is now afraid of dark rooms and hallways.  

Grammy to the rescue!

Me:  Rissi, ... you don't have to be afraid.  Jesus is everywhere and He will protect you.

Rissi:  Is he in the hallway?

Me:  Yes.  He's in the hallway and everywhere you go.

Rissi:  Is he in the kitchen?

Me:  Yes!

Rissi:  In the stove?

Me:  Everywhere!  He will take care of you so nothing will hurt you.

I just got a call from Lindsey.  Thanks Mom, she said.  It seems Rissi is following her everywhere, and she is afraid to go in any rooms by herself because she thinks Jesus is waiting for her there.  

Obviously, we need to have a more detailed talk.   


I just love this girl!



Dear Diary,

I hate photo sessions.  I find if I stop, drop, and roll at the sight of the camera she moves on to something else.  Call me a genius.  Gracie.



14 comments:

  1. "Genius!" - you know who you are.

    Bobbi, what a cute story about Rissi. So very sweet...And Summer is adorable rocking her cute little denim hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what gorgeous gorgeous girls. wow...gotta just smile back!! that is funny about Jesus kind of backfiring. the detailed talk will do her good!!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like scaring the grandkiddies, eh? LOL!

    Gracie, you're too smart for words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful answers. Jesus is everywhere!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kids are so funny...You never know what they are gonna think or say, huh? Rissi's "wheels" have certainly been turning since y'all talked! hehe! your post reminded me, too, of how Jesus loves children.... He took them up on His lap and blessed them....Rissi and Summer are darlings!

    And I must say Gracie is too...
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand exactly how your granddaughter feels. I had a similar experience as a child. I was told my Guardian Angels were everywhere I went and they there to protect me. Just like you told Rissi about Jesus. Scared me half to death thinking they were sitting by my bed when I closed my eyes, not to mention everywhere else I went, especially behind closed doors. I didn't want to go to sleep or do anything, it frightened me so. I eventually got with the program. LOL She will too. "GRACIE you look comfortable there all stretched out on the floor. Brillant strategy."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I suppose it's betters than havin' monsters under da bed or in da closet like dat Disney movie. If I were you, I wouldn't mention dat movie...just sayin'.
    Gracie, I always knew were a genius, nows if da hoomans would only recognize your superior intelligence.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how sweet:) Summer's smile is contagious! Hope you can explain in more detail to Rissi, Jesus is everywhere and I am thankful for that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful girls and a precious puppy.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your story about Rissi and Jesus. Your grand angels are adorable. And they DO have big imaginations, don't they?

    Gracie, you're too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We just never know what is going through their little minds! Cute story. I love ALL your photos tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww...I am sure you can clarify things with Rissi. That story was so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet story!

    ReplyDelete