Sunday, May 22, 2011


Facebook - Blogger - Twitter...  
The messages were all the same.  

"Rain, rain.... go away."

And finally - it did.

And the rains aftermath was cause
 for me to grab my camera.

Gracie was very sick the first night after her shots, but seemed a little better yesterday.  Thanks so much for your advice, prayers and well wishes.  I'm not sure what I should do about the vet situation yet.  Should I continue to take her to the Animal Hospital and request another vet  (there are about 6 vets on board there) or should I leave there altogether?  What do you think?


  1. I would definitely change vets - maybe just another one at the hospital. But before I made any decisions, I would have a sit down with those you think might be a good choice.

  2. Beautiful pics! I like the advice above about having a sit down with another vet at the same place. Glad Gracies is feeling better!

  3. It's a tough choice to make Bobbi. I think you need to decide if your trust and confidence in the current vet that you see and the practice as a whole is now in question, if so, I would consider finding another office. But if you think that you can feel comfortable to remain there and fully trust the other vets to see Gracie, or even if you feel that the trust in your current vet can be regained, then I would remain there. However, if there's one that you're recommended to and you would like to have Gracie seen there, then go and meet them and decide. But don't burn the bridge at your current vets office, you may want to return there in the end. Just my rambling thoughts...

  4. Glad Gracie is better. Thanks for sharing the nice pictures.
    Perhaps if you requested a face to face meeting with the vet in question, that in itself would help you make the decision as to whether or not to leave the practice. Her attitude/demeanor will tell you volumes!

  5. When we brought Samson in for his shots, which happened to be a combo because his distemper/Parvo shot was overdue, our vet hospital staff said they do not like to give the rabies with the distemper shots. And they said they NEVER give this combo to SMALL dogs. When they saw how big Samson was, they felt it would be OK. And it was. I have a feeling a trust has been broken for you. And I am REALLY disturbed they blamed it on Gary. A vet should make this decision based on prior knowledge and should NEVER listen to a lay person. I hope Gracie is getting better. She has been through so much. And there is an AWARD for the two of you on my Saturday post. In case you feel like picking it up. I love you guys and your blog.--Inger

  6. Gracie, darling, I would be hidding too! I've been following all that has happened to you during all of this time, believe me. I did not comment because all the other friends you have had already said anything I could have said. But, I tell you that I've been praying for you a whole bunch!

    You've been through a lot and so has your mamma. Hang in there, puppy! You have a ton of people sending you their love.

    Bobbi, this vet should be ashamed of what he did! I would check another clinic, perhaps recommended by a local/trusted friend.
    Love ya!

  7. Oh, I am so relieved Gracie is better.... I will keep her and y'all in my prayers.

    Hmmm. That is a tough one, Bobbi! I know a lot of times a Mama's gut instincts are very accurate, so I would prayerfully consider everything, and go with how you feel, dearheart. If you are uncomfortable in any way with her being there, it's just not worth it. You don't want to be a nervous wreck everytime something happens that requires treatment. However, on the other hand, if you think it is something you can work through, well, you'll just have to test it and see....

    Love the beautiful rain washed pictures!!!!


  8. Poor Gracie she is too sweet to have all these sickies. Bless her sweet heart. My daughter's first kitty had similar reactions to vaccines.

    Well I don't know what to say about the Vet except it is their responsibley to read the charts. They could not get by with this in the
    human world...there are consequences.
    That vet certainly owes you an big heartfelt apology.

    Hugs Madi and Mom

  9. I agree with all the rest have said. I think I would definitely talk to someone face to face and ask them how they can guarantee that won't happen in the future. They did take good care of Gracie with her surgery, didn't they? Is this the first problem you have had with them? I think I would speak to whomever is in charge and judge by their attitude towards you if you should continue there.

  10. We have 2 vets at our place of choice and I make sure who is working that day and then decide if I want to book, otherwise I grin and bare it. Fortunately Sophie is pretty healthy(knock on wood) now so haven't had to use a vet any serious amount yet! Snuggles to Gracie!

  11. Beautiful pictures! I would definitely change vets.

    Your pal, Pip

  12. Great photos Bobbi!... I would be finding another vet for sure... and if he/she did not pass my interrogation, I would keep searching... your little Gracie is priceless... xoxo Julie Marie

  13. Gee..
    sometimes we know more than vets do,, and we need to remind them of what we want done,, how and when.
    I am so glad Gracie is okay

  14. great pictures!! I would definitely change vets; if you feel confident in the facility, I would stay there, but if you have lost all confidence in them, I'd seek a new vet's cilnic. Poor Gracie; so sorry she was sick that first night, here's hoping she gets back to her spunky self soon!


  15. Hi Bobbi, my dogs get that same thing, because they are so tiny 6 Lbs each. So they give them benadril before they give the shots and that seems to be the trick. Some of the shots I don't allow them to have because all of them are not necessary. You should just use your own judgement on that, and if the state you live in makes them have certain shots. It's hard to watch them be so sick, my dog almost died from one of the shot sessions her face got huge, she is allergic or something and every since I have been doing the benadril she has done well. Well both of them did well. It's nice to meet you too. It's good to hear you sweet pup is doing well. I am a wife mommy and Grammy too. I have one granddaughter and two step grandchildren and a new grandson on the way. Life is busy! have a wonderful day! Hugs

  16. Poor Gracie. I'm sorry she had a bad reaction. I think I would look for another vet. Hopefully you have choices. We travel quite a ways to go to one that we prefer, but it's worth it.

  17. New vet for a new location. I can't imagine the other vets at this place will show any sense of support for you. They usually will 'stick together'and never acknowledge their error.
    good to hear Gracie is better.

  18. Beautiful pictures! I've always believed that if you are in a doctor's office (vets included) that have multiple doctors that you have to like all of them. Eventually you will see them all. I think maybe a new vet office all together.


When You Have No Words....