Thursday, December 16, 2010

No Baby To Bring Home

Yesterday was my gynecologist appointment. Remember my post from last month?  I waited for an hour and a half in a room full of expectant mothers.  It's not fair.  They get to eventually go home with a baby.  All I'm going to get out of this is a little time off work and a very painful bleep.  I was glad when finally a woman came in to wait who was somewhat my age.  Boy do I feel old.

So I have been referred to yet another doctor, a gynecologist oncologist who will do my surgery... AND I may have to go to Baltimore to have it done.  Still.  No baby to bring home.  

I'm afraid that some day I'm going to be one of those little old ladies in the nursing homes that cling to a baby doll and scream bloody murder when the nurse takes it away....  LOL.

I got an appointment as early as Saturday morning to see the new doctor.  I so love getting up at 5:30 AM.   NOT!!  

Here's one of the cutest YouTube videos I've seen so far.  

Enjoy.




13 comments:

  1. Good luck to you Bobbi... I will be thinking good thoughts for you... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. I know this must be so painful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for giving us the update and my prayers continue for you Bobbi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bobbi,
    I'm so sorry you have this void that is difficult to fill... I too had a period where I experienced the 'unknown' with a gynecological oncologist...very frightening! My prayers are with you not only for a good report but to ease your worries and fears. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for all of this!! And the kicker is having to get up at 5:30 and feeling ickky the whole day. I do not remember the biopsy results, perhaps I didn't see that post? What did they say about it? And why might you have to go to Baltimore? God didn't let older people have babies for a reason, can you imagine getting up every day ay 5:30, and in the middle of the night for feedings?? I am known as the prayer lady around here, because I have a 24/7 job of recording prayer requests and doing devotionals and other things on our church's Prayer and Information line, so you can be assured that I will be praying for you! Please keep me informed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all. I appreciate your good thoughts and prayers so much!!
    Ginny> the biopsy came back okay but the doctor wants it removed so that's why surgery. LOL> You are right about God not giving us older gals babies. I cannot imagine having one 24-7... REALLY! Grandbabies now- that's a different story. I love the little ones, and feel we were so blessed with ours. Thanks for praying!!!! I'm a real baby when it comes to this stuff. I love to stay away from doctors and hospitals if at all possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending prayers to Heaven in your name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. good you got an appointment so soon, but sorry that it is on Saturday morning (never on a workday early, LOL)

    hoping all goes well!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck Bobbi! Good thoughts and positive thoughts coming from the east coast of Nova Scotia!!!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  10. That video is toooooo adorable! I am so sorry you are having to go through this medical problem during the holidays but I Praise God that your doctors are getting you the attention that is needed before the new year. It is something for us to pray about for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just tell them you want a LOT of GOOD drugs!

    BTW, I had my youngest a few short weeks before my 44th birthday, and yes, it's a whole different ball game than having a baby at 18! Wouldn't change a minute of it though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No comment from me about your doctor visit :-)

    The video was great :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying all goes well!

    ReplyDelete