Monday, December 20, 2010

Mondays Mug: I Love Lucy


Mondays Mug: I Love Lucy


Who doesn't love Lucy?  
Here we are in sunny Florida once again; 
Universal Studios
the year, 2007


First an awesome stay in a romantic hotel 
at St. Augustine Beach.
These little guys showed up for breakfast outside of our oceanfront room.  




We visited the Titanic.  (Before it hit the iceberg and sank, of course)


I got my ticket,  (everyone received a ticket with a name of one of the passengers from the Titanic) and luckily I was one who survived in the end.  Whew....


Next to the Titanic was an upside down house.  


 No autographs today please...



Here we found out how horror movies were made...


And it was pretty disgusting...


They demonstrated how animals were trained for TV and movies.  



 Okay,   Back to Lucy.  This is the model of The I Love Lucy set.


And this letter brought tears to my eyes.   A handwritten letter from Lucy to her mother on her birthday.  
Which of us wouldn't want to give this gift to our mom?
(It's not too legible, but I typed the words below)


To Mother

What could I give you that would truly show how much I care?  I'm not nearly rich enough to buy the world and fill it with lilacs and snowmen and crackling fires and hundreds of sunny weekends with a hundred people waiting in line just to play scrabble and a "henna rinse" that never needs "retouching"!!  If I could I would build a special place like that and make everyone in it eternally youthful and call it Lucy Land for you to live in forever; and every day would be Christmas and every minute your birthday and you'd never have to ask for anything because it would be yours-always-from me which I'd have purchased with 'I Love You' Happy Birthday, Mom.

I guess even all of Lucy's money
 can't buy true happiness.  

Have a Great Monday everyone.  And remember...only 4 more shopping days till Christmas.  Be safe.

11 comments:

  1. There's a permanent Titanic exhibit in Branson, MO too. A couple of years or so ago I spent 3 hours wandering through it. Luckily I was also one of the survivors. However, I have to go to town this morning and with the mad rush to finish up Christmas shopping, I may not survive the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting post, I believe I would like to go there, I have heard so much about it.

    I don't think Lucy was a very happy woman, despite how she was in her shows. No, don't believe money is the all thing.

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing pictures! The upside down house is blowing my mind! Lucy had quite a bit of writing skills, didn't she? What a lovely heartfelt letter she wrote! When I was little, my folks would watch Lucy in prime time after I went to bed, and I remember sneaking down the stairs and sitting just out of view to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gracie and Mom
    What beautiful pictures and so warm looking too.
    Mom whats the white T-bird...MOL

    Lucy had beautiful handwriting and what pretty words so wrote to her Mom. Y

    It is too bad they teach penmanship in schools anymore.
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just got back from the 'madness'! Whew!
    I just LOVE anything 'Lucy'. She certainly was an original.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fabulous trip. Love your mug and the letter from Lucy to her Mom. Hope you are enjoying this beautiful Christmas week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great vacation photos! The old T-Bird was awesome!

    I live about 30 miles from Hollywood. I wonder if they need an Old Geezer for one of their scary movies? I work cheap :-)

    Bobbi, I hope you and your family have a Wonderful Christmas :-)

    God Bless You, ~Ron
    *******************

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a very FUN day...and the letter? Too sweet. How much that must have meant!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I Love Lucy, too! Especially the early shows with Ricky. They had the best writers.
    We have one of the upside down houses in the Pigeon Forge area but I have never been inside of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't remember all that being at Universal Studios! We must go back! We went to the traveling Titanic museum when it came to Raleigh. We loved it! I was a survivor as well!

    ReplyDelete