Thursday, February 29, 2024

Time Has A Way

 I lost Gracie on May 26, 2022.  September 19, 2022 We brought Bubbles home.  Bubbles was an adorable puppy.  Who doesn't love puppies?  But I had a really hard time at first.   

My most noticeable observation:  Bubbles did not have the beautiful almond-shaped eyes that Gracie had.  This puppy had beady round eyes.  

To be honest, the round eyes were CUTE and she looked like a little stuffed animal, but, inside of myself --  I wanted the lame, sick, tilted-headed, blind, deaf dog that I had to help get into bed at night.  I wanted Gracie. 

It was bittersweet.

But time has a way of making things better if we work on finding the good going forward.  

Bubbles has helped me in so many ways.  I can now look at Gracie in memories with a smile.  Bubbles has won my heart and I love her so much!  I will always love Gracie too.  My heart feels really big these days, and there is room for both.  There's room for every pet I've ever owned.  

GRACIE

BUBBLES

2 comments:

  1. I see what you mean about the eyes! And of course, each dog is different in looks and personality, just like people. I think you would love any pet you get because you have such an open and loving, caring heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always felt the same way. Every time I had to say goodbye to one of my furbabies, they always took a big part of my heart with them. But in time I realized that by taking that part, they left a hole that would be filled by another, more than likely sent by them. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete