Friday, September 2, 2022

LIFE GOES ON...

 I have been so broken at the loss of our Gracie.  For a while, I turned off our blog.  It seemed appropriate since she was no longer with me. I could not deal with the pain of her memory. At least, that's what I thought.

But now I know.  It's not her memory that hurts.  It's her absence. 

For the first forty days, I vowed, "Never again!" I could not go through that pain again, so I will be without a pet in my life.  But the empty, quiet house we lived in seemed no longer a home. No wonder I was so heartsick. Gracie had brought so much love into our lives.  I would never love like that again.

And then.

Along came Bubbles to distract me from my broken heart. I will post mostly on our new blog Bubbles from this day forward.  But in honor of the most beautiful dog I have ever known, I will keep Gracie's memory alive here, and Gracie Owns Me/Growing Old With Gracie will stay public.  

I'm working out the kinks of starting a new blog, so let me know if it does not work properly.  

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL OF MY WONDERFUL BLOGGER FRIENDS FOR LOVING GRACIE AND FOLLOWING US THROUGH OUR JOURNEY HERE.  WE WERE HONORED TO BE YOUR FRIEND.  

GRACIE GOT TO ATTEND PARTIES WITH OTHER BLOGGER PETS, SHE WAS ENGAGED TO THE BEAUTIFUL SAMSON, AND SHE WAS ABLE TO SHARE HER DIARY WITH YOU ALL; YOU MADE US LAUGH AND SOMETIMES CRY. BUT IT WAS ALL GOOD. AND WE ARE GRATEFUL FOR YOUR LOVE.

MY HEART IS STILL SO VERY BROKEN, BUT I KNOW LIFE GOES ON. 

AND I KNOW I WILL SEE GRACIE AGAIN. BECAUSE ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN.  












8 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you are reaching out once more. We all know when we pick up a puppy that a sad day is in the future but oh my those delightful days in between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos of Gracie are a wonderful tribute. I am so happy you found another pup!! I will put your new blog on my list now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracie will always live on in your memory and now you get to make new ones with Bubbles!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful post in Gracie's honor. We will never ever forget her. Looking forward to watching Bubbles grow up at her new blog. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand, I grieve for my Siblings that I miss terribly and thought about just shutting my blog down... but I didn't, LIFE GOES ON. Gracie brought us all SO much joy and I miss her too. HUGS and PRAYERS coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm tearing up reading about sweet little Gracie. I think she and Samson will get married by the Rainbow Bridge. Oh, Bobbi, this is so hard, losing them, remembering what fun it was write about their love for each other. But now I wil go and read about Bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grief never goes away, it just gets a bit easier with time. This is a beautiful post and Gracie would be so proud of you for remembering her in such a beautiful way.

    ReplyDelete