Tuesday, January 28, 2020

ON DEAF EARS

Dear Diary,

I think it's winter, but so far I haven't seen any of the white stuff like I saw last winter.  I'm A-OK with that.  Finding a place to pee can be hard when your up to your ears in snow.  I'd tell ya what Mom thinks of it --- 'cept I can't hear her anymore.  I know she's talking -- but what she's saying I do not know.  If she yells for me when I'm outside I ignore her.  But if she yells and motions with her hand for me to come in, I get the message.  


I was scared at first...  not being able to hear.  Sometimes Mom and Dad would leave me all alone and I would howl and bark for them to come home.  Mom!  Dad!  Come back!!
But I'm doing better now.  Sometimes I sleep and don't even know they're gone.


I'm adjusting to being almost deaf.  I think Mom and Dad are not though.  They are sad about it I think.  Mom likes to manipulate sweet talk me a lot of the time - and now it goes on deaf ears.  BOL!!  Get it?  Deaf ears!

But seriously -  I'm doing Ok for now.  Getting tons of attention! My eyesight is still good and there ain't nothing wrong with my smeller (thank You God!).  Oh, and I still love to eat.  and play.  and walk.  

I remember a word I used to hear my Mom say all the time.  Blessed.  I think it's something really good.  And I think I am that.  Blessed.  Gracie.


7 comments:

  1. Oh Gracie! First, how long since this happened? I guess you are totally deaf? What happened, is it age related or something else? What did the vet say? I am so sorry. But I knw that just BEING with mom is better than hearing her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samson Says: Oh, Gracie, you have the prettiest ears I have ever seen. I have longed to kiss them for years now. And they don't work any more? I guess as long as you can smell and see, you are OK. But I so wish I could come there and kiss you better. Mommy says she can't believe how big Summer has gotten. And so pretty too, says mommy. Love from your Samson XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think dogs adapt pretty well when they lose their senses. Our corgi was blind and he managed pretty well with a few adjustments. Seems like Gracie is doing the same with her losing her hearing.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh GRACIE you are a real treasure. i am so sorry about your hearing loss. i'm glad you are adjusting well. stay positive and count your blessings. we all love you sweetie. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessed for sure Gracie, me too! Sending HUGS your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you having trouble in dealing with trading bitcoin in Gemini account? Sometimes users get into trouble while selling and buying bitcoin. To handle this biggest issue in plain-sailing manner is the big task and in order to do that, users need to call on Gemini Customer Care Number 1-855-942-0545 which is functional and the team is ready to support you in the best possible manner. Reach the team anytime to avail the best solutions that would be helpful in eliminating troubles in nick of time. Consulting the team of experts is a better decision as it saves your time and helps you to interact directly with the experts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you stuck around errors while depositing and withdrawing the USD in the Cash app? If you come across such issues and find no way to handle them at all, you can take help from the elite professionals who are there to handle all your worries. Whenever you come across such errors, you can always call on Cash App Support Phone Number 1833-540-8602 which is always functional and the team is ready to assist you at every step. Connect with the team anytime for availing the best results immediately. Contact the team anytime to avail solutions that are easily implemented.

    ReplyDelete