Monday, September 16, 2019

Dementia, Maybe?

We're not in the market for a new house.  Not now, anyway.  But on our recent trip to Amish country in Berlin, Ohio we were sure tempted.


I mean, who wouldn't want to live in this beauty?


And two levels of living space!  What more could one ask for?


So, while Gary was measuring square footage in the mansion, I decided to try on the love cottage for size.  Perfect fit!


We did not come home with a new house, but it sure was fun searching.  

So where was Gracie while all this fun was taking place?  She was staying with daughter, Lindsey and had a great time bonding with Ellie (lab/doxie mix).  We were excited to come home to her and thought she'd be just as happy.  But strangely, she looked at us upon our return, as though she did not know who we were.  About a minute later, she became ecstatic as if she were seeing us for the first time.  This gives me pause, and has me wondering if she isn't experiencing some form of dementia...    She has been acting different lately, at times she seems confused about what her normal routine is?  And she absolutely cannot be left alone for long, she experiences severe separation anxiety!  Some nights we wake to find her lying on the rug on the bathroom floor, a place she always considered off limits since it was associated with bath time.  

Our old girl isn't what she used to be.  Her knee will have her limping some days, and other days she runs through the house like she's a puppy again!  More often than not she is lifted into bed or onto the couch.  She can still make the jump on a good day, but looks to us for help if we are there.  

Gracie will turn 15 next week.  We try to keep her as active as possible.  This hot weather gets the best of her and me both.  Tomorrow she will be groomed and she always feels better after a good spa day, so I'm hoping our puppy returns.  

By the way, I am still  unable to comment on many blogs.  I have tried and tried to fix the problem but with no luck.  I'm not on my laptop very often, but there are times when my laptop does allow me to comment.  I've read that others have the same problem, but no resolve.  So please forgive me if I don't comment.  I do read and love updates on my blogger friends!!  

Hope everyone is having a great last week of summer.


3 comments:

  1. These houses are adorable!! I would take Gracie to the vet for a consult. Couldn't hurt, and maybe there is some medication she could take as well. To kind of hold things off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I want one:) Those houses are SO cute! Gracie is precious and loved by all of us. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just adorable! What a wouldn't give to give my Piper Song a house like this one...or a bigger one for MYSELF! <3

    <3Rebecca

    ReplyDelete