Monday, May 20, 2019

ReConnecting and Poor Gracie

It's been a week of re-connecting with old friends.  

Socks was Gracie's buddy from when she was a wee-one.  Heidi (socks mama) and I used to take Gracie and Socks for walks together.  I had lost touch with Heidi for about five years.  It was good to find her home, finally!  We had a nice time catching up.


And then there was dinner with some 'old' school pals... tho they (we) are anything but old!!  Quite the contrary.

Our memories may not be as sharp as they once were and just maybe a couple of us have an ache and pain or two or three.   But still...

We remain young at heart....


Mother's Day flowers from the kids remain just as fresh as they were a week ago.


And I am still enjoying their beauty.  Each time I walk through my house I'm like, "Wow, I can't believe how pretty these flowers have stayed".



Gracie has one very nasty ear infection and I am suspect that it is another case of otitis media.  Her hearing is about 75% impaired at this point, and so I will be loading her into the car shortly for another visit with Dr. Fox.


We don't laugh enough.  And so, I leave you with this:


Hope you all are having a great start to the week!

3 comments:

  1. I had to look up otitis. Seems it is the most common ear infection in children. And it is middle ear? Will she get her hearing back? Do you have pain meds for her? Poor Gracie! I love the little Gracie figurine, I bet that was from Gary. Both vases of flowers are beautiful! I just threw out my flowers today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Gracie!! i know when the kids had ear infections how much they hurt. I hope she's not in a lot of discomfort! Lovely flowers for Mother's Day! It is always good to reconnect with friends and catch up! Glad you had a chance to do so!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samson Says: Oh, Gracie, I wish you were here so I could lick your ears every day and keep them healthy. I do this with my sister Faith and all her infections are gone. Love, Your Samson XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete