Tuesday, July 2, 2013

ROCK 'N ROLL, BABY!

First of all, let me start with an update from a previous post:

Yes, I did finally dye my hair

and

Yea, I'm back on sugar too.  I have no willpower.  And speaking of willpower...  Gary Puckett comes to mind.  "Lady Willpower, it's now or never... la-la-la-la"


AND NOW>  Let me take you back to a time when Tiger Beat Magazine was the reason that I lived.  I had just reached a milestone in my life.  I was thirteen.   A teenager, finally.   A teenager with one thing to look forward to, and that was to see who was the centerfold of Tiger Beat for the month.  My walls and ceiling were covered with posters of Mark Lindsay,  Mickey Dolenz, Paul McCartney, Sajid Khan, Davy Jones, Bobby Sherman and more.  

Every night when I talked to God I pleaded, "Please God, let me marry Mark Lindsay someday"  Then I would kiss the glossy poster above my bed goodnight.   I could tell Mark loved me too....  The smile never left his face.  

My mom knew how much I loved him.  She would make sure I got all the latest records and magazines that had anything to do with him.  She even wrote him a letter once asking for an autograph for me and HE NEVER WROTE BACK!    I guess the feelings were not mutual after all...   
So I had to give up on him and marry another. 

 I did name my daughter after him...  LINDSEY...  
  Even though I was sooooo over him and his silly, white, skin tight leotards.

But then I got older and I started thinking about the good old days and I did an online search to see what he was up to.  That's when I ran into The Happy Together Tour and saw that he would be performing with several other Oldies but Goodies.  Gary Puckett, Three Dog Night, The Turtles, Gary Lewis.

I found a venue just 5 hours away, ordered some really great tickets, and the rest...

Is history!

We were just 3 rows back.  Excellent seats! 

Happy at the Happy Together Concert.  All us golden oldies going to see the Golden Oldies!

Gary's ready to rock 'n roll

Gary Lewis

Mark Lindsay




8 comments:

  1. I love your post- and your hair too.
    One of our blog friends uses instant tea on her hair and looks beautiful- just like yours.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great!! What fun! I remember all of those groups and now I will be humming some Three Dog Night. I didn't have a crush on any of them, but I sure did like their music. I still have their albums - no record player, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got to see him in concert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll never be able to part your hair again, sigh... LOL! You do look nice though!

    What's a little sugar?

    Has been ages since I went to a concert. I'm glad you had the chance to see an old heart throb. Too bad you didn't get to talk to Mark Lindsay and let him know how he broke a little girl's heart... and call him a schmuck. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun post, Bobbie... Made me think back to when I was thirteen and had crushes....

    When you posted before about the no sugar thing, I think I admitted that I DO NOT have any willpower... (I don't even know what she looks like hehe)

    So I totally understand! LOL!

    You and Gary look so cute at the concert...bet ya'll had a blast!

    Give Gracie a hug for me!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a great time and you look fab. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks great, like always! I read Tiger Beat and all the others, too. Remember the Battle between the Stones and the Beatles, that was the headlines all the time! I remember all these songs!! And watching them on hullabaloo. But there was one show that the Raiders were on all the time, can't remember the title, maybe it WAS Hullabaloo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a perfect time! I would have REALLY enjoyed being there too! Have a blessed 4th dear Bobbi, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete