Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Our Ship Has Come In!!!!!!

JUST HAD TO REPOST!!


This is our house.  We purchased it in 2006.  There was a reason we left WV and moved to Maryland... and this house.  But that story will come later.  

In late October we decided that we'd refinance our house so we could take advantage of the lower interest rate.  Quick n Loans sent an appraiser out and they went over the house and came up with an appraisal that was significantly lower than what we owed on the house already.  Grrrrrr.  It's because of other homes in our area that have been foreclosed on.  It brought the value of our house w-a-y down. No refinance for us. 

An interesting tidbit of information came from the appraiser though:  A previous appraisal showed that there was a basement beneath the house.  What?  We didn't know about a basement.  I wish!!  

After scouring the house and beating on the carpet covered floor with a broomstick, suddenly Gary heard a 'bonk'  in an area underneath the carpet in the adjoining apartment.  "This sounds hollow!" he said.  "This is it! I think I found our basement!"  

Last night Gary decided it was time to rip the carpet up and do some investigating.  
(He should have been an archeologist).  


I am afraid of spiders - they give me the creeps. So I sent him down and dropped a light down with him. 

I could hear him spitting webs from his mouth and I was sure glad I didn't go down.  Then I started hearing things like, "Wow!"  "You got to be kidding!" and "Unbelievable!" Then he said, "Bobbi... I think our ship has come in!"




The house was built in 1942 and I would have to say that this cellar was probably stocked around the same time.  


We found treasures GALORE!!!





(Below)But THIS was the Treasure of all TREASURES!!!


And look what was inside!!!!


AND THEN!!!!  Look WHO!!!


HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY EVERYBODY!!!!!!!

32 comments:

  1. You really had me going! *glowers*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! It ain't nice to fool old people! :-)

    I believed you up until the gold bars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to come back and haunt you, Missy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ever hear of Karma? You got us going there for a second! I thought it was weird that you wouldn't know you had a basement!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, you totally had me going! I was about to run downstairs and start digging for our secret basement filled with treasures!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, for dog's sakes...you really had me going there for a moment! BOL Happy April Fool's Day!
    Cairn cuddles, Oz

    ReplyDelete
  7. O.K., you really got me GOOD!!!! I fell for the whole thing!!! Wasn't till I saw the gold bricks that I knew! And here I thought you had come into tons of good fortune! Well, it's nice to dream. I must admit you set that up very well!!! And I LOVE your house!! Hey, that really IS your house, isn't it???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl... I was about to have a heart attack with excitement..... heheheheh... somebody needs to get YOU good!

    Gracie, you need to lay a realllly soggy, yucky, wet bone right in Mom's hands......

    hehe. well, one thing for sure... you surely do know how to keep us on the edge of our seats......
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha. Yes, Ginny, that is our house. And actually the entire story is true... up until you get to where we pulled up the carpeting> Oh, I'm so glad I got you all. That's why I love you! LOL> Oh, And FYI> I tell the truth every other day of the year... but April 1 is my day to have fun. On that day you can't believe a word I say...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are good!!!

    Happy April Fool's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My expressions of surprise started with a "Oh, Loooord!", passed through "You lucky pair!", continued with "Just TAKE A LOOK AT THAT!!!", and "Geez-a-loo, this is GREAT, GREAT, GREAT!".

    You know, I read kind of slow, so I make sure I will understand everything.

    Then I got to the bars of gold. I knew something was coming, but couldn't figure what.

    You... adorable brat! You did perfect!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And I was about to hit you up for a loan, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Man! We's been had!!! And the day was good and safe untill the gold bricks! Billy and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Bobbi... I really fell for it!!! You are a great storyteller!... I was sooo happy for you!... too fun... xoxo Julie Marie PS Sorry, I cannot even read the posts about the poor dog... my stress will not let me... I just want to get at the horrible people...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yours is the first April Fool's trick I've had played on me today! You had me excited!
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay, you got me hook, line and sinker--I was even feeling a tad-bit envious of all those amazing finds!!! THANKS for the grin!!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMD...you is sooooooo bad Ms. bobbi...I totally fells fur dat and I even knoew it was April Fool's!!!!!
    Bwhahahaha. my mum was sittin theres thinkin' our neighbors would kill an appraisal on our house when you talkin' bouts dat...hehehehe!
    Okays, I will pretend I was nevers pranked today.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL! Bobbi, I was prepared. It was a good one though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You got me good too- you silly you!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  20. Best April's fools I ever saw! We have to watch out for you Bobbi and next year we will be prepared!

    Samson to Gracie: Max is history?! O boy, am I a happy dog today. I asked Mommy if I could lick that picture of you pretty face I see on her computer, but she said NO WAY! xoxo, your Samson

    ReplyDelete
  21. You told a GREAT story. I, too, believed you until the gold bars. So remember that part next time you pull a prank. And it would do many of the rest of us good to remember the date this was written.
    THANKS for the FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOL, I believed it!! I really am that gullible, but I did begin to wonder just a bit with not knowing you had a basement.......

    very nicely done!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great! You had us hooked for a time!

    Drools and licks,
    Minnie and Mack

    ReplyDelete
  24. You got me! I was thinking, Wow, that's so cool. I love finding missing or buried treasures. How exciting! And then, Wham! That was good!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Bobbi, this was priceless...you really had me. I was so excited for you! the hint was the stack of gold...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice site.thank you...........

    ReplyDelete
  27. Too funny! I was believing every bit of it...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  28. OOOhhhh...I jus keep fallin for all dis April Fools stuffs. Probably cause today is April 5. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  29. Almost....I said almost....got me again! All started sounding familiar for some reason. Oh Bobbi....better keep your eyes open today! lol

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOL, I thought I had seen this one before on your blog! You almost had me! Funny too because when I clicked onto your blog, my thought in my mind was "no one has played an April Fool's joke on me yet." You were the first :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  31. You are always so good at April Fool's jokes!

    ReplyDelete