Thursday, December 2, 2010

Lesson Learned

  The 3rd of December marks the anniversary
of the big Corning Ware explosion, 2007.

I had always been under the impression
that you could heat food - right on top of the stove.  

 I stand corrected.

 


BOOM!  


Scared the bajeebies out of me!!!!

Lesson Learned.

15 comments:

  1. That wouldn't be so funny if my DH hadn't done the same thing! LOL! Nice mess, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! Well...lesson learned! I think those corelle casserole dishes are OVEN and MICROWAVE safe but not stovetop.

    Oh well...hope you had a nice dinner out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I hope no one was hurt!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!!! Well, some of the Corning says that you can do stovetop, what kind was it? The french white? By the way, that looked like it would have been yummy! Did you go out for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! I just hope no one was injured in the taking of this picture!! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nobody was injured... the picture was taken after the fact. But it sure did scare me, as I was stirring the soup when it decided to blow.... It sounded like a gun going off. Yikes. It was an old corning ware, something that hubbys father had and we inherited. I don't remember going out for dinner after that, it took about an hour to clean everything up and I wanted to make sure there was no shattered glass anywhere because of Gracie. Honestly, there were little slivers of glass everywhere!! I think it was frozen dinners after clean up...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i appreciate your visit and kind words.
    this gave my daughter and i a good chuckle.

    if it makes you feel better, i once worked with a lady that didn't know she had to throw out the cardboard circle under her frozen pizza before she baked it. she learned that lesson the hard way.

    i will follow and look forward to future posts.

    blessings,
    terri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bobbi,
    So happy to meet you!! Thanks for your visit and for becoming a follower today!!! It is a very good thing that your husband cooks!!
    I found your follow button but it didn't work, I'll go back and try after I comment.
    The dog you saw on my blog is a girl and her name is Bambi and she is 13 years old. I have had since she was 5 months old. I rescued her just in the nick of time!!!
    Do come again soon, Bambi & Fern

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you have pets, it is so scary to have tiny shards of glass everywhere! Hope you are doing well and hope you have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my! I think I would have probably done the same thing, but I have learned my lesson on more than one occasion on not putting a hot glass container in cold water. Glad to hear nobody was injured!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! What a mess! I sure would not have been happy about that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That stuff is like a bomb going off - hope no one was hurt.

    XOXO
    Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Ruairi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey
    Thats horrible. WOW me and mom would have been scared. LOL
    About the flashy box,(camera) I meant get pictures of you opening the gift on the camera. Then do a post with you opening and what all you got. If you already opened it, thats ok just do a post as to what all you got. I didnt mean to confuse you :-)

    wags
    Jazzi

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a mess!! Now you know Bobbi.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no! What a mess! I heard that you have to be careful with pyrex too. I have a few pyrex dishes and haven't had anything happen yet but I am always leery when I am taking them out of the oven. I am glad that no one was hurt.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, winter

Have you noticed days being longer?  I don't know about you, but my mood is better come spring, summer and fall.  Winter is merely a se...