Saturday, July 3, 2010

Remembering Athena

Today I'm feeling a little sad for Gary. After being alienated from his daughter four years ago, he receives yet another child support increase in the mail. He obeys the rules so well, and provides so loyally even though he has no contact with the child he loves so much. I remember when I first met her... his daughter Athena. This picture in particular... She cried that day, almost all day. He was taking her home after a long weekend together.


Our girls got along so well. Good times!



The way this child was ripped from her father's life was cruel and heartless. He mourns for her each day. He suffers from the emotional scars as I'm sure Athena does as well. Today I remember and am sad.

2 comments:

  1. That is so sad. My heart breaks for both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not the first time I have heard this type of story. Yes, the laws must be changed and not be so slanted towards the rights of the mother. It rips people apart.

    ReplyDelete